Pages

Monday 3 September 2018

Speech - Award

WALT - identify and use persuasive language in an text. Success Criteria: I must use
- Opinion
- Statistics
- Rhetorical question
- Emotive language
- Three (groups of)
- Hyperbole

Sports, sports, sports, I’m not trying to sound overconfident but I strongly agree that I’m one of the best sportsperson that this school has seen in decades. After all I have proven time over time that I could do a lot of things that many cannot, so what do you think? William Tupou winning the sports shield, that sounds pretty amazing.

First of all, how many people can you name that can do multiple sports and I mean a large amount of sports, to be extremely honest I can't think of at least two people. There's a girl in room six, she's talented at netball, amazing at volleyball and great at touch but I think three sports wont make the cut. There's also a boy in room six, amazing defender at netball, fantastic at rugby, touch and quite shockingly fast at swimming but that still wont make the cut. For these two people I have given for an example, I know you might think I’m harsh but the truth is the truth.

You should be thinking, what can I do? Well again not trying to sound overconfident but I’m a star player, many of yous know that I’m proficient at basketball in offense and defense, same goes with rugby, touch and netball. And how can we forget about volleyball my serving, digs and sets are just on point. Also swimming, I won all my swimming stroke races in my year group and this wasn't the only year that I won the swimming competition. Six sports is that all? Look I can carry on with my speech or I can keep on talking about all the sports I’m great at, which will take for hours. So let's move on.

Last year when the GI grenades went to compete in a rugby tournament for the first time, it was tiring, exhausting and quit hard. At the end of the tournament, Mr Du Toit announced the player of the day, and yes it was me, no doubt I think I did deserve it, After all I still remember I made the extra effort to tackle the big boys that some of us were scared of.

Although I’m a success in school, I’m also achieving great things out of school as well. Playing for the Varsity club rugby team, my coach put me down to trial for the Bill Mclaren East Rep Team. Once all trials were done, with my heart racing I made the team, with my loved ones very proud of me. So there you go a hard working student inside and out of school.

Leadership, yes I can be a pain in the butt sometimes but when it comes down to tough, hard and serious business, I’m the person that does what i’m told fast. The person who is willing to help push others to be the best they can be.

I am always enthusiastic when it comes to sports and I know yous think that I’m too overconfident, cocky and yes a show off, but i’m just a normal person like you, how am I good at a lot of sports you may ask, well just like every athlete I had to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment